We can’t help it, we’re human, we have emotions and many times we are faced with situations that maybe beyond our control and we may feel sad for example the loss of a loved one, or a failed relationship, been hurt by someone we love etc. This is all part of life. Nothing is wrong with feeling sad and it’s not a sign of weakness either it’s a sign that you are human. Generally sadness affects all of us at some point in our lives, at both behavioral and physiological levels. Outward behaviors such as crying, sobbing, and temporary social isolation are common characteristics of sadness. While feeling sad for a certain period of time isn’t particularly harmful but what if sadness is prolonged then it maybe a cause for concern. So for my blog today I have listed six points to remember when you’re feeling sad.
WHAT IS SADNESS?
Sadness is considered to be one of the basic human emotions and it is a natural response to situations involving psychological, emotional, and/or physical pain. Sad feelings often quickly diminish after individuals resolve or come to terms with upsetting experiences. Sadness is often linked with unfavorable circumstances, however, it is not always perceived in a negative light. While sadness can lead to withdrawal from other people or a loss of interest in certain activities, it can also prompt pleasure-seeking behaviors. In fact, positive personality traits such as alertness, thoughtfulness, and resilience can be fostered through sad experiences.
6 Points To Remember When You’re Feeling Sad
- Pain is part of growing – Pain is part of growing. Sometimes life closes doors because it’s time to move forward. This is a good thing because many times we won’t move forward unless certain circumstances forces us to. When times are tough, always remind yourself that no pain comes without a purpose. Move on from what hurt you, but never forget what it t taught you.
- Everything in life is temporary – Emotions, thoughts, people and scenery. Do not get attached, just flow with it.” The only thing that’s truly permanent in this life is change. Things already changed in the few moments it took you read this sentence. From the time, to the clouds outside and perhaps even your mood.
- Worrying and complaining changes nothing – So, if you keep your mind looping on self-criticism, worries, and how nothing is working out for you, your mind will more easily find that part of your brain and will quickly assist you in thinking those same thoughts again. This shapes your mind into greater reactivity, making you more vulnerable to anxiety.
- Your scars are symbols of your strength – Don’t ever be ashamed of the scars life has left you with. A scar means the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward.
- Every little struggle is a step forward – Every struggle no matter how small is a step forward In life, patience is not about waiting; it’s the ability to keep a good attitude while working hard on your dreams, knowing that the work is worth it.
- Other people’s negativity is not your problem – Sometimes you may genuinely be in a situation when, due to no apparent fault of yours, the other person is negative, indifferent, a little too critical, a bit too insensitive and so forth. If you know how to deal with such people and tackle situations like these, your state of inner joy and peace will remain unaffected.
Any questions, queries or concerns please feel free to comment below, I would love to hear your thoughts.